WSBRC holds geographic boundary and associated attribute information for numerous sites as GIS layers and for many also holds associated site information on our Recorder 6 database. We maintain and update several of these layers and hold copies of the information for others where we are not the custodian but are permitted to either provide them or flag their presence on the supplier’s behalf.
We hold information for sites evaluated for their biological and geological interest, including all those with statutory or non-statutory designations. Site information held includes:
Within Wiltshire and Swindon there are the following non-statutory sites or other defined areas:
- Local Wildlife Sites (LWS)
- Local Geological Sites (LGS) (previously RIGS)
- Protected Road Verges
- Wiltshire Wildlife Trust Reserves
- Woodland Trust Reserves
- Bat SAC Consultation Zones
Within Wiltshire and Swindon there are sites with the following statutory designations:
- National Nature Reserves (NNR)
- Special Areas of Conservation (SACs)
- Special Protection Areas (SPAs)
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)
- Local Nature Reserve (LNR)
Additional Local Area Boundaries
- Wiltshire Community Area Boundaries
- Swindon Cluster Areas
- Wiltshire Parish Boundaries
- South West Nature Map Strategic Nature Areas
- Wiltshire Landscape Biodiversity Areas
- Swindon Landscape Biodiversity Areas
Note: site boundaries are held for the whole Wiltshire & Swindon area unless otherwise specified.
We hold information for sites evaluated for their biological and geological interest, including all those with statutory or non-statutory designations.